Thursday, June 13, 2013

TURTLES AND SNAILS, WHAT DO THEY HAVE IN COMMON?

"Snail" Illustration www.artinflight.blogspot.com

"Snail & Turtle" Illustration www.artinflight.blogspot.com

"Turtle" Illustration www.artinflight.blogspot.com
SO what do snails and turtles have in common?  NOTHING! *That was my first thought and then Creations By Mit reminded me they have SHELLS in common. Duh! hahaha I drew and painted them on the same paper. They have that in common too.  My Gram wanted a turtle for her son, my uncle, and his obsession with turtles.  I'm suppose to make turtle cards.  The snail....actually I don't know why I did the snail.  Usually there is a purpose.  A purposeless snail.  COOL!  Not a frequent thing in my world. I usually like to have a reason for the work but I'm finding some joy in just doing things for the fun of it.

Do you normally have a purpose for  your work or do are you purposeless most of the time? Which way do you work best? 

17 comments:

Christine said...

they look cute together. I like to have a purpose for my work.

sharon said...

They are so lovely, I am a mixture, however I find my best work often comes from having no purpose.

Tracey FK said...

I sometimes have a purpose, but I often just go with what appeals to me... I love the turtles... my brother had penny turtles when we were growing up and this one looks like one of his... very cute...xx

Andrea Koštelová said...

They're so sweet! I love the colours! I like to have a purpose for my work, but usually I start with a head or an eye and then appears an animal...

Loveday Funck said...

They are adorable!

Unknown said...

These are just so whimsical yet masterful. Wonderful technique, expression, humor! Happy PPF!

Mary C. Nasser said...

Oh my goodness!
These are delightful!
♥♥♥
Happy PPF!!
Mary
Mixed-Media Map Art

Creations By Mit said...

The are both ADORABLE!! Love the colors & expressions!!
I actually have a pet turtle that has been with me for over 20 years now. He's currently wandering around my kitchen floor...
My work often has no purpose whatsoever!! But I like it that way! :)

PS.....turtles & snails both have SHELLS in common! :)

kat said...

I love your turtle and snail! I too love purposeless art, something that just ends up out of somewhere. I let colors, shapes and moods out slowly, letting the process and intuition guide!

Faye said...

Tam, I love the snail and the turtle. Both are great illustrations. Everything doesn't have to have a purpose. Sometimes it is just for sheer enjoyment of painting.

Ivy said...

Oh how sweet! Love the colors. HPPF!

Marji said...

These are sooooo cute!!! I actually just took a photo of a snail the other day thinking it might make a fine subject. Well, you have proven my theory and I'm inspired to give it a try.

Anonymous said...

Whimsical and so happy little creatures. Wonderful. Happy PPF. xox

Deepa Gopal said...

OMG! They are so cute!!!
LOL on your "purposeless snail" comment! They look so lovely!

Giggles said...

I love your style and these creatures are just way too adorable...love turtles too!! A very happy post!!

Hugs Giggles

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Those are some cute little critters… and they're both slow moving too. I like making art with a purpose in mind, but I don't always do so. Then, sometimes I end up with something totally different from what I was planning. That's fun too. Blessings!

siga said...

Adorable little beauties :) I think snails are as good for postcards as the turtles!